Solum recognizes geotechnical engineering as a key aspect of the mining operations providing soil engineering support to achieve mine production objectives and identify opportunities and risks to improve the technical aspects of the mine design.
- Site selection and characterization
- Field geotechnical investigations
- Erosion and sediment control
- Engineering design and analysis: slope stability, infiltration, seepage, settling
- Laboratory tests
- Tailings storage facilities, heap leach pads, and water dam design